Sunday 2 August 2015

Boots vs Superdrug

Hi :)

As you all know, I love trying new beauty products. However, in the UK there is not one main shop which people think of when they think 'beauty'. There are two. Boots and Superdrug. In this post I thought I would compare the two and let you know which I think is the best.

Both stores have a reward system. When you spend a certain amount of money, you get a certain amount of points. On both systems, 1 point equals 1 penny. After a while, these points add up and you can buy products from the shop with your points. However Boots gives you more points for the money you spend, they give you 4 points for every pound you spend whereas Superdrug give you 1 point for every pound you spend. Therefore it is much easier to get free products with a Boots advantage card compared to a Superdrug Health and Beauty card.


Now, this may just be the Boots and Superdrug that I go to, but Boots seems to have more of a range of different products. By this, I mean it has things like designer sunglasses, a holiday section and glasses as well as the typical things like make up and skincare. However in Superdrug they don't have these things. As I said this may just be the stores I go to, or are superdrug stores generally smaller than boots stores?

This kind of links to my previous point but Boots also seem to have more high end brands. For example Benefit, Smashbox, Chanel. Whereas Superdrug seem to have a bigger range of high street brands. For example MUA, Make Up Revolution.

Overall, I prefer Boots. This may be because I have a bigger Boots near me compared to the closest Superdrug to me or it may just be because I love getting free things and the Boot advantage card allows me to do this more often! Let me know which is you prefer in the comments below.

Anonymous x

No comments:

Post a Comment